Nedbank LVCC Calendar

Thursday 10 October 2013

Race Report - God's Window Race

One of the most scenic races in the Lowveld, the Build It God's Window Race took place on the 5th of October and once again confirmed why I rate this race among my top three favourite races. It was my second race I ran when I started running five years ago and last Saturday I completed my 4th God's Window Race.

It is just one of those races that you should forget about your time/pace and just enjoy the magnificent scenery that is on offer. Last Saturday wasn't any different. The best weather you can ask for. To fully appreciate this race I would recommend the half marathon but a word of caution - don't pitch up unprepared. That appreciation comes at a price with hill upon hill and if that is not bad enough you have the altitude factor to contend with! It definitely played a role in my case or maybe I am simply not as fit as I thought I am.

However if you can overcome this monster hill and the "altitude sickness" you are rewarded with the most amazing scenery and hopefully you can even share and enjoy it with a club mate.

Running back is a breeze, literally! This is where you can just relax and allow gravity to "get you down". I thought it was excellent training for the upcoming Kaapsehoop Marathon.

Legogote Villagers did a fantastic job as always, especially considering that they are based in White River. I am a bit concerned about the lack of support from my fellow club members. Fortunately some excellent performances and podium finishes made up for our lack of participants to a certain extent.

Well done and thank you to all the Nedbank LVCC runners that participated and congratulations to our podium finishers.

I sincerely hope that next year we can attend in greater numbers.

Adriaan du Plessis
 




 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great report Adriaan! Well done to all the podium finishers and those who attended.

    ReplyDelete