Nedbank LVCC Calendar

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Upcoming Race - Mount Sheba "Say Goodbye to Winter Trail Run"

Jen and I have just spent the most amazing time at Mt Sheba, a Forever Lodge high on the escarpment edge between Lydenburg and Pilgrim's Rest. The manager Adriaan Harper and Ilanga Trails are pleased to announce the first trail on the property, to be run on August 31 2013.
Mt Sheba, A Forever Lodge
The lodge has many short trails already marked out on their enormous property which includes vast areas of natural forest riddled with streams and waterfalls. My task was to link theses shorter trails up, and boy did I have a great time. Starting out at around 1640m I followed existing trails climbing slowly up to 1920m. We have to run in the paved entrance road for a short stretch to get to the top, but I don't think you will enjoy the alternative (VERY steep). Once on the top I set off to find a path to link to the trail at the far end of the ridge. A fire break made the perfect route and I started the steep decent on the Eastern side of the property. Down a steep technical (rocky) section then zig zagging down another fire break, I linked up to a forestry road. Following this I came out about 10m from another of the marked trails. It took me about 10 minutes to penetrate the dense vegetation, cross the stream and get onto the trail. Do not fear, I will return with a team to clear a path. I was now at the lowest point on the property, 1440m. Only 200m to climb back to the lodge. I really got some great 'Otter' training in on the run.
We will be presenting 6, 12 & 18km distances with about 800m accent on the long run.
Great prizes such as a R10 000 holiday voucher for Forever Resorts Badplaas, amoungst others, Spot Prizes, and Lucky Draws. Medals to finishers in all distances!
Mt Sheba, a Forever Lodge offers four star accommodation as well as a camp ground for up to 10 tents. Management will lay on electricity for the campers over the weekend. The cuisine is outstanding, the pubs warm and inviting. Come and celebrate the last day of winter in the mountains, you won't regret it!
EnterOnline
Mt Sheba, A Forever Lodge

Book Now!
Avoid disapointment!
 
20km limited to 150, 12km limited to 200. Click here or on the Logo

Clive Smart

No comments:

Post a Comment